Truck accidents can result in a variety of different injuries for victims many of which can be serious. Truck accident injuries suffered in a truck accident can devastate victims which is why they should be familiar with legal protections available to victims and what commonly leads to truck accidents.
Factors that lead to truck accidents
There are several common factors involved in truck accidents. The top 10 factors for truck accidents include:
- Problems with the truck’s brakes;
- Traffic flow interruption caused by traffic congestion or a previous accident the truck driver failed to properly respond to;
- Prescription drug use or over-the-counter drug use;
- Traveling too fast for roadway conditions;
- Lack of familiarity with the roadway or roadway problems;
- The truck was required to stop before the truck accident because of a traffic control device or crosswalk;
- Inadequate surveillance that may lead to truck drivers engaging in dangerous behaviors; and
- Truck driver fatigue
Truck accidents can be caused in a variety of different ways. When truck driver or trucking company negligence is to blame, they may be liable for the injuries and harm suffered by the victims.
Truck accident victims can suffer serious injuries that may require significant medical treatment and care which can be costly. To get help with those costs, a personal injury claim for damages can help injured victims with their medical expenses, as well as their lost wages and pain and suffering damages. When truck accident and trucking companies are negligent, they may be liable for the damages they cause and truck accident victims should be aware of that.