John is a Missoula attorney with extensive experience handling Plaintiff's personal injury and Plaintiff's accident injury litigation. For nearly two decades, John has successfully represented hundreds of people and families who have been injured by the negligence or others. John handles a wide range of personal injury cases, including car accidents, wrongful death, brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, premises liability, medical malpractice, birth injuries, failure to diagnose cancer, and products liability/ dangerous products.
John also handles cases involving insurance issues, including insurance bad faith. John has handled cases all across Montana, as well as in other states.
John graduated from the University of Montana School of Law in 1996 with highest honors. John is an inductee of national academic honor societies Phi Theta Kappa and Phi Kappa Phi. In law school, John received the Weymouth D. Symmes Award for Appellate Advocacy, the Norman Hanson Legal Writing Award, the Wall Street Journal Student Achievement Award, and The Orville Grey Memorial Award.
Before forming Towe & Fitzpatrick, PLLC, John spent 16 years specializing in complex personal injury and medical malpractice cases at another prestigious law firm in Missoula. Before that, John spent a couple of years in Billings working for Montana's largest defense firm, Crowley Fleck, PLLP. The skills he learned working on the defense side have greatly helped his Plaintiff's personal injury practice.
John is a member of the Montana State Bar, the American Association for Justice, the American Bar Association, the Montana Trial Lawyers Association, and the Western Montana Bar Association. He is licensed to practice in all Montana state and federal courts.
John is an avid fisherman and an assistant kid's wrestling coach, as well as a coach for the Missoula Youth Football league.
Areas Of Practice
- Personal Injury 100%
- Dangerous Products
- Medical Malpractice
- Motor Vehicle Accident Claims
- Premises Liability
- Montana, 1996
- U.S. District Court District of Montana
- U.S. Federal Courts
- University of Montana School of Law, Missoula, Montana
- Honors: With High Honors
- Honors: Phi Theta Kappa
- Honors: Phi Kappa Phi
- Honors: Weymouth D. Symmes Award for Appellate Advocacy
- Honors: Norman Hanson Legal Writing Award
- Honors: Wall Street Journal Student Achievement Award
- Honors: The Orville Grey Memorial Award
Honors and Awards
- Weymouth D. Symmes Award for Appellate Advocacy
- Norman Hanson Legal Writing Award
- Wall Street Journal Student Achievement Award
- The Orville Grey Memorial Award
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Montana State Bar, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Montana Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Western Montana Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Buxbaum, Daue, and Fitzpatrick, PLLP
- Crowley Fleck, PLLP
- Phi Theta Kappa
- Phi Kappa Phi