John M. Fitzpatrick
John is a Missoula attorney with extensive experience handling Plaintiff's personal injury, medical malpractice and accident injury litigation. For over 25 years, John has successfully represented hundreds of people and families who have been injured by the negligence of others. John handles a wide range of personal injury cases, including car accidents, medical malpractice, wrongful death, brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, premises liability, birth injuries, failure to diagnose cancer, and products liability/ dangerous products.
John also handles cases involving insurance issues, including insurance bad faith. John has handled cases all across Montana, as well as in other states.
John graduated from the University of Montana School of Law in 1996 with highest honors. John is an inductee of national academic honor societies Phi Theta Kappa and Phi Kappa Phi. In law school, John received the Weymouth D. Symmes Award for Appellate Advocacy, the Norman Hanson Legal Writing Award, the Wall Street Journal Student Achievement Award, and The Orville Grey Memorial Award.
Before forming Towe & Fitzpatrick, PLLC, John spent 16 years specializing in complex personal injury and medical malpractice cases at another prestigious law firm in Missoula. Before that, John spent a couple of years in Billings working for Montana's largest defense firm, Crowley Fleck, PLLP. The skills he learned working on the defense side have greatly helped his Plaintiff's personal injury practice.
John has received the highest possible attorney rating - AV Preeminent - from Martindale-Hubbell.
John is a member of the Montana State Bar, the American Association for Justice, the American Bar Association, the Montana Trial Lawyers Association (past President), and the Western Montana Bar Association. He is licensed to practice in all Montana state and federal courts.
John is an avid fisherman and outdorsman, and has volunteered as an assistant kid's wrestling coach, as well as a coach for the Missoula Youth Football league.
Areas Of Practice
- Plaintiff's Personal Injury 100%
- Motor Vehicle Accident Claims
- Medical Malpractice
- Insurance Claims
- Premises Liability
- Dangerous Products
- Federal Tort Claims Act Claims
- Montana, 1996
- University of Montana School of Law, Missoula, Montana
- J.D. - 1996
- Honors: With High Honors
- Emporia State University, Emporia , Kansas
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Major: Zoology
Honors and Awards
- Weymouth D. Symmes Award for Appellate Advocacy
- Norman Hanson Legal Writing Award
- Wall Street Journal Student Achievement Award
- The Orville Grey Memorial Award
- Martindale-Hubbel AV Preeminent
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Montana State Bar, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Montana Trial Lawyers Association, Past President
- Western Montana Bar Association, Member
- Phi Theta Kappa
- Phi Kappa Phi